Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blogging as Jesus Blogged

Sometimes I wonder if Jesus would have a blog if he lived on earth these days. I don't really know, but my hunch is he would. I have to think that his message was so important that he would go to every means possible to communicate it. Even creating a blog if necessary.

So that brings me to the creation of a blog. I made some commitments some years ago that give me no other option than to join the world of bloggers. One of those commitments was to live my life as an authentic disciple of Jesus Christ. That meant "walking as Jesus did" (I John 2:6). With that commitment came another commitment to link up with others and help them be and build disciples of all nations. I guess to do that one has no other option but to take advantage of the Internet as a way to champion the Great Commandment and Great Commission of Jesus Christ.

I reluctantly but optimistically post my first blog today. Reluctantly, because I'm really not looking for one more thing to do. Optimistically, however, because it will be worth the effort if someone reading my blog gets a passion for "walking as Jesus did".

The purpose of my blog will be clear. I will champion being and building disciples of Jesus Christ!

I want to encourage and help everybody I can to learn how to walk as Jesus walked. If that means I must blog as Jesus blogged then count me in!

6 comments:

Rick said...

Welcome to the 21st Century! I was hoping you'd start a blog. It's hard to think of Jesus in the blogosphere, but He wanted to communicate the Message. Every thought what the original disciple's blogs would be like? James and John would be loud with alot of "e-flames;" Philip would be totally seeker friendly...

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

Way to go man! I will link to you - this is a great way to communicate. I look forward to keeping up with whats going on with you.

Gene said...

Way to go, Ken! I'll subscribe to your blog and I look forward to checking in once or twice a week. I know God will use your posts to challenge us to walk as Jesus walked.

ccurrey said...

Welcome to the blogging world! For 12 years, I have loved using this media as a way to communicate. It's great to have you here in cyberspace. God needs more open doors like you as a way to shine light into what can be a very dark online world. Great job Sunday! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Ken. Looking forward to seeing your words on the Blog!

biker Sam