Thursday, March 20, 2008

Persistent Praying

We've all heard stories of people who have prayed for others to come to Christ for ten, twenty, or thirty years. We read these stories in amazement and long to see God do the same in our lives. Guess what? This week- God did!

A woman started attending our church about ten years ago. She was married, but her husband never attended services with her. As I got to know her I decided to place her husband on my prayer list. I began praying that he would connect to God and to God's church. I have prayed off and on for this guy for ten years. I actually have the prayer journals to prove it.

Check this out! This week I had lunch with this guy I had been praying for these past ten years. He began attending services around the first of this year and we finally had the opportunity to set down and discuss his relationship with Jesus Christ. Discussing his journey was an answer to prayer. It wasn't my timing, but it was God's. He is doing some amazing things in this man's life.

This past week our church gathered at our new building site to pray for the people we want to see come to faith in Christ. We wrote names of people who are far from God on the beams that are being erected in this new building. This week God reminded me that he hears those prayers! He may not answer them on our time table, but he will answer them. Don't stop praying! Be persistent in praying for people who need to know the Father.

2 comments:

LaraLee said...

That is Awesome!! We also have seen some amazing things happen in our 17 year-old teenager's life over the past weeks. We have been praying for him since before birth and God is really working in his life. He has in the past two weeks fully surrendered his life to God. He is accepting that no matter what the future holds for him it will ultimately be OK as long as he is seeking God's will and following the path that God has had for him since the creation of time. Thanks so much for your ministry...Our family has changed and grown so much in the past years we have been involved with Crossroads. We can't wait to see how He uses us as well as our children in the years to come...

Buddy said...

From a former Highrise Ironworker. I would like to add a name to a beam of the new building,of a dear friend. I myself when I found my name had been wrote on one of those beams, it was and still is a very touching thought.

It is a longstanding tradtion of ironworkers to write there own name on beams as they are connecting the iron or bolting up the building. This is the firts time my name has ever been put on a steel beam of a building I did not personally erect the iron on but Jesus was with me years ago as I hung iron and my now becoming a member of HIs Work at Crossroads Church in Newnan. I can visualy see him saying to all his servents, well done my good and faithful servents Great is your reward. Thank all who prayed for me and I thank Jesus and God for not giving up on me years ago.