Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crossroads Church: Now more than Ever


Today Crossroads Church of Newnan celebrates her 19th anniversary as a church! To God be the glory for all the good things that have happened in the past nineteen years. Many disciples have been made for the sake of Jesus Christ because Crossroads Church was started by a handful of people who wanted to see a church do ministry like Jesus did.

As I reflect on our journey as a group of Christ followers I want to thank those people who paid the price to get our church started in those early days. To those folks who met in a home as a core group. To those people from our sponsoring church who helped us launch. To those leaders who had a vision for this work and believed in my leadership. To those people who sat up and took down chairs in a lunchroom week after week. To those people who opened their homes for small groups and still have them open nineteen years later. To those people who have given faithfully in tithes and offerings. To those people who have led teams and organized ministries, outreaches, and events. To everyone who has passed out an invite card and encouraged someone to attend our church. Thank you to everyone who has ever done a single act of service to make God's church at Crossroads a place that honors Him!

As I reflect on our journey I truly believe our best days are ahead of us. This past weekend we had over 6500 people attending in seven different Crossroads Churches in the U.S. That wouldn't have happened if this church had not been planted nineteen years ago. At Crossroads of Newnan we had over 3900 people walk in the doors of our church this past weekend. Dozens of people raised their hand indicating they had accepted Christ in our services. Right now, construction on a brand new worship facility is taking place on our Highway 16 campus. The future couldn't look better!

As I reflect on our journey, past and future, I am convinced that the world needs churches like Crossroads now more than ever! The world needs disciple making churches. The world needs churches that will do ministry the way Jesus did. The world needs churches that present an unchanging message to an ever changing world. The world needs churches where people can find true Biblical community and a place to serve in ministry. The world needs churches that help people know what it means to be and build disciples of Christ. The world needs churches where people get saved and Jesus is glorified with an uncompromising commitment to His word.

Yes, the world needs churches like Crossroads Church now more than ever. Crossroads is not the perfect church, far from it. In fact, if it were perfect I'd have to leave and so would you. However, Crossroads Church is an authentic church. It is a church filled with people who are real and who are seeking to honor God by fulfilling the purpose of his church- to make disciples!

On this the 19th anniversary of Crossroads Church I can sum my thoughts with this...Thanks God for letting us partner with you (what a ride), thanks everyone who has stayed the course and stayed committed to this church (what a team), thanks for letting me serve you as your pastor (what a risk).

Oh yeah, I'm signing on for nineteen more, how about you?

8 comments:

Robbie said...

How AWESOME is our God!!!!! I am praising Him for what He has done in and through the people of Crossroads Church. I know that I am a life that was changed and I am thankful!

Looking forward to the days and years to come!

Robbie

Glenn said...

This says it all in my view. Coming to Crossroads was the beginning of my life in Christ. Grateful will never do for what it has meant for me but grateful I am that a disciple wished to invest in me. Now I get to (not have to) invest in others. I pray that I can make a difference for someone that has finally come to a crossroads in life. Glenn

scottbarber said...

Good stuff!! I'm in. Thanks for blogging (what a stretch)

Rick said...

Can anyone say, "Signing on for life!) The world needs more of what Jesus can do through a church committed to being what He designed, one who makes disciples of all nations. I agree with Robbie -- my life is changed because He has met me here. --Rick

susan barber said...

Happy Birthday, Crossroads!

I pray that the Lord continues to pour out His blessings on us and allows us to spread the Good News.

Susan

Kevin Ballard said...

Amen, brother! Sign me up! Thanks for all you do for our church.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Sign me up too! I praise God that I found Crossroads Church. It has become our family. Over the past 10 years I've grown so much through our discipleship ministry. I've found a place of community that has helped me raise my daughter to love and serve God. I've watched her grow in her relationship with Him as she came to know Him, be baptized, and share His love with others through mission trips and serving in ministry. Worshipping and serving God at Crossroads is a blast!!! I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Are there any people left from that first service in the White Oak Gym?