Monday, July 20, 2009

Building Disciples the Brazilian Way


I just returned from a ten day mission trip to Forteleza Brazil. It was one of the best mission trips I've ever been on. My first trip to Brazil was ten years ago. We had agreed to help start a new church in Forteleza and I went down to see how things were going. There were around 75 to 100 people attending that church. During our time there I stressed the importance of planting new churches that would make more disciples. This past week I spoke in five different churches that were all a part of that original church in some way. That group of 75-100 is now over 500 people learning what it means to be and build disciples of Christ.

Jesus said, "make disciples of all nations". We've got lots of work to do, let's follow the Brazilian model!

2 comments:

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Wow, what an amazing testimony to what our God can do when we just plant the seed! This must have been an incredible experience to see how God took the first church plant and then multiplied it in such a mighty way! Thanks for sharing this awesome story. It is really cool to see how God has blessed His people who have followed The Great Commission.

I really wish I was able to go on another mission trip. My last one was a medical mission trip to Lima, Peru. It was a total life changing experience for me. I hope one day I'll be well enough to go again.

Well, I'm glad I found your blog. If you get a chance, stop by mine!

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

Teresa Stephens <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/

Gracie said...

Is this the church where the worship service was outside, and cars were driving by? I do enjoy the Brazilian way of worship of singing and ... dancing to the Lord. You can't but dance along with them. It was an awesome journey and I hope to GO again next year.

Following Him,
Patty Wright :-D