Friday, September 11, 2009

Finish the Race


The world is filled with plenty of starters, but not many finishers. The story in the video above is a great example of how much courage it takes to finish the race. Watching this clip immediately reminds me of something Jesus said. In John 4:34 Jesus said, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." Jesus finished the work of making disciples that would in turn make more disciples.

I believe God is looking for finishers today. He is looking for men and women who will make the commitment to make disciples and will see it through. I pray that you will be encouraged and motivated to live a life of making disciples for Jesus Christ. The finish line will be the day you hear Him say, "well done my good and faithful servant!"

No comments: