Friday, April 18, 2008

Managing As Jesus Managed


This past Wednesday night I witnessed something that is simply amazing. I watched over 250 people pour into our church to start a thirteen week course called "Financial Peace University" by Dave Ramsey. We have been told that this is the largest FPU training for the spring semester. That's awesome!

What excites me about having so many people attending this class is what I know can happen in the next 24 months. Dave Ramsey teaches people to manage their money according to Biblical principles. To me, that is managing as Jesus managed.

When people learn to manage as Jesus managed several things can happen. They can become debt free. They can have resources available for emergencies. They can plan for future events like college and retirement. They can give abundantly and cheerfully.

Being a Pastor that is committed to being and building disciples, I can only give God thanks for such a great response to this training. I know that making disciples involves making better managers. For the next twelve weeks I will be praying for every person in FPU. Stay the course- you will be glad you did!

2 comments:

The Swann's said...

We are so very excited that Crossroads has jumped on board with FPU and as Charles and I take each week and apply it to our lives we can already see a difference and are so excited what the next several weeks have in store as well!!! Thank you for opening Crossroads' doors to the many people just like Charles and I who wish to obey and please our Father even through our finances!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog today and was very impressed with how you are keeping your church members connected through your blog. At Koinonia Solutions we create community through collaboration utilizing, flickr, tumblr, myspace, facebook, second life, you tube, vlogs, etc. I think we could really assist you in utilizing the most recent web 2.0 applications to strengthen your church community.

~Melissa
Check us out ...
www.koinoniasolutions.com